TUMBLR. WHY AM I JUST GETTING INTO THIS SHIT?!
So far I haven’t done much over the break! Started it off playing with Baby Fever at Don Pedros. Super fun show. People actually danced! For the first 2 weeks after that I went home to the Dirty JerZ and watched so much CSI and Law and Order UK and took baths listening Baths and jammed with my long term besties, the Porcellis. Then we went to the city and played a super fun show at the sidewalk cafe with Albert Goold (d00d, he’s goooddd)! Then had a crazy new years with all my best friends (and some random broZ (no thanx)). I woke up with a lot of blood on my clothes (oops!). Going to try and avoid that in the new year! Since then I’ve been VERY unproductive in the best way. I’ve watched a lot of X-Files, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, The Magnificent Seven, and some other stuff.
I’ve also been working on a whole lot on music. Mixing Carl and I’s new stuff, pulled out the 4 track to lay down some mellow jamz, mixed some toytrain
Things that will be coming out on the Homesick Collective very soon (!!!!!!!):
- Howth: Howth (Full Length)- This was originally going to be called Merry Cemetery, but we thought it’d be better to go with a more vague name and let the music do the talking. These are some of my favorite of Carl Creighton’s songs that I’ve added my weird touch to. The whole record is Carl and I (attemping to) play all the instruments with guest appearances by Neil Acharya on saxophone and Rachel Epp and Aviva Stampfer on background vocals. It’s a mix of some really dark songs, some sorta silly songs, and pretty much everything in between.
1. Cooperstown2. Needles and Pins3. The Wind Blows Cold on the Soulless Soul4. The White Lights Up at Bloomingdales Bring Me Down5. David6. Timeless Square7. Idaho #18. Heckscher Field #39.Keep Me Away From the Mirror10. Alexander Hamilton’s Grave11. 7A
- Toytrain: Trophies (Full Length)- This has been in the oven for a while, and has gone through many many changes. Some of these songs were written years ago, while some were written less than a month ago. It’ll be a nice representation of everything Toytrain has been up to from the electronic pop stuff to the ambient pretty stuff to the bare bones folk songs. It’s pretty cohesive though. It’s got me (Blake) playing a variety of instruments and singing along side Aviva Stampfer angelically singing and playing glockenspiel, Patrick James and Clare Plunkett playing cello, Chris Mulligan playing drums on a track, and probably some other folks I’m forgetting (sorry!). Super psyched!
Track List (TENTATIVE!):
2. Cold Rain
4. Foster Home
5. Blackberry Pie
6. The Jack and Coke Defense
8. Ship in my Stomach
10. Let Us Sleep (Trophies)
- Baby Fever: (not sure what the title will be?)- Baby Fever is pretty different from all the other Homesick Collective projects, but equally as awesome. Baby Fever plays some combination of rock-a-billy, surf rock, and punk. It’s me on the drums (yikes!), Matt Presto singing and shredding the guitar, Andy Folk ripping some bass.
Cedric Sheeps: 2 Step- Cedric Sheeps is a new project between Chris Mulligan (Shark?), Alex Nelson (Daytime, other stuff), and myself (umm…)… It’s kind of hard to describe. I guess at this point stuff is turning out having a bit of Smiths vibe but a bit heavier and spacier with female fronted vocals.